would like to thank Emma Calin for nominating me for this award, which is the trigger for my post today.
Its purpose is both simple and important…to introduce authors, and particularly readers, to other authors who are producing some of the finest blogs on the Web today. In fact, you should check out the work of Emma Calin at http://www.emmacalin.blogspot.com
Here are the rules for the contest:
- Thank and link back to whoever who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate up to fifteen other amazing blogs, and remember to comment on their blogs to let them know you have nominated them. Also, follow the blogger who nominated you.
So, here are my Seven Facts:
- I have a phobia of bells in belfries – if they appear on TV, I shudder and look away. I have no idea why – unless I’m the reincarnation of Quasimodo…
- I used to do a lot of voiceover work. My voice has been on several corporate answer-phone systems, on a children’s alphabet learning toy and was once on an electronic shopping machine in Argos.
- Several years ago, I won £250 worth of silk clothes for suggesting the name ‘Peaches’ for a new range of silk underwear. At the time, £250 equalled ten items of clothing. It was heaven. They showed me a warehouse full of clothes and said ‘help yourself’.
- I returned to college in my thirties to study Theatrical and Media Make-up, which was an absolute blast. It tapped in to my love of theatre and my artistic side. If I had my time over again…
- I’ve been known to read tea-leaves with surprising accuracy – none more surprised than I was.
- I spend about five months of the year in southern Spain. My other half (Chris) and I are able to work from home – which means there’s no reason why home can’t be Timbuktu or, in our case, southern Spain.
- Chris and I recently started going to modern jive classes, requiring a lot of practice which we don’t do. Although we have stuck a list of moves to the cooker hood as a reminder. I actually thought I was doing okay until one guy told me I was ‘all over the place like a drunk.’ Well, all that twirling does make me dizzy.
THE IMPORTANT BIT….
This is where I am listing my own nominations for this award. Find them and read their blog posts. You’ll be glad you did.